1 and 1/2 cup raw soaked chickpeas, soaked overnight
1 tsp whole coriander seeds
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp berries / raisins
1 green chilly finely chopped
2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp finely chopped mint
1 tsp oil for shallow frying
1. Drain out all the water from the soaked chickpeas. Put them in a blender and make it into a smooth paste.
2. Add in whole coriander seeds, garlic, ginger and blend again.
3. Add in turmeric, red chilly powder, garam masala, chaat masala, salt, sugar and blend for a few seconds more.
4. Now take out the chickpea mixture into a mixing bowl.
5. Add in the dried cranberries or raisins, chopped mint, chopped coriander and mix properly.
6. Take a small ball of the mixture and roll it out on a smooth platform into a small log shaped kebab.
7. Make log shaped kebab out of the whole mixture and keep them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. This makes them a bit easier to handle while frying.
8. Take a ridged pan and just baste it with very little oil. Arrange the kebabs on the heated pan and fry them from all sides till properly cooked.
9. Serve with mint chutney, vegan raita, ketchup or any condiment of your choice.