Try this!! Vegan spinach savory pancakes. Most of us are used to having sweet pancakes for breakfast. These are their savory cousins. 🙂 Made out of chickpea flour, spinach puree and seasoning and some baking soda. Savory pancakes can be had with salsa, hot sauce, chutney or any condiment of your choice. A great recipe to have around if you have kids. Can serve not just as breakfast but a great protein snack any time of the day. It is a softer and fluffier version of the Indian “Besan Chilla’.
The spinach puree gives it such a beautiful green color. You may make a whole lot of variations using beet puree, pumpkin puree, carrot puree and have a whole range of these pancakes. Soft and yummy.. they do disappear quickly.
Its a great one mixer bowl recipe..just put everything in a bowl and simply mix and pour. Also can be a great blender recipe for quicker smoother effect. Just put all the ingredients in a blender..then blend and pour out into these mini pancakes on a pan. Super helpful in the mornings.
Hope you enjoy making them and come up with amazing variations of your own!
Sending loads of love, light and happiness your way.
Here goes the recipe..
Vegan Spinach Savoury Pancakes :
Makes about 10 mini pancakes
2 cups chickpea flour
1 cup raw spinach puree
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4th tsp turmeric power
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1 tsp canola/ rice-bran oil
- Put all the ingredients either in a bowl or a blender and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Take a large pan and heat it up. After it is heated brush it with little oil.
- Pour the batter on the hot oiled pan into small roundels.
- Cook from one side till small bubbles upper on the surface and then flip.
- Cook from the other side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with some salsa or mint chutney or any condiment of your choice.