Most people have the sweeter version of the rolled oats for breakfast. But here is a savoury version – my favorite Vegan Mushroom Savoury Oatmeal. Most of you must be knowing by now that I don’t really have much of a sweet tooth.. So coming up with a savoury version of the oatmeal came very naturally to me. 🙂 So hope you enjoy it too.
This recipe is real quick and super easy to make and needs very few ingredients too. can be a great after school snack. Honestly, if you are in a hurry try making this quick oatmeal for your kids and yourself than the instant noodles which are full of trans-fats. Once you get a hang of it, you can create any number of versions with spinach, pumpkins, moringa, carrots, peas and other such innumerable options.
Sometimes, some things come very naturally to us and seem so simple to us that we think it is not of much value. But that is our strength and not everybody else’s. I remember sharing recipes with people when I was young and I would assume that the person will naturally add a bit of salt but they would come back and say that you never asked to add salt!! I used to be so surprised with that. 🙂 Similarly, when I shared this savoury oatmeal idea with people they told me they had never thought of savoury oatmeal. So what we take for granted and appears natural to us…. is not so for everyone. So whatever it is that you want to share but think that it’s too simple and obvious.. may not be so for everyone.. So please don’t hold back….
So here’s my simple Vegan Mushroom Savoury Oatmeal.
A Happy Song for you before going. Enjoy and Smile knowing that there is no waiting.. you are already on your way towards your true home at God Speed and everything and everyone will be happily taken care of… There shouldn’t be any fear in the way..
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I am on Instagram too at shilpa_asweetveganworld sharing more Vegan food picture ideas.. Hope to catch you there too..
As always sending loads of love, light and happiness your way..
Enjoy and Don’t forget to Smile!!
Recipe for Vegan Mushroom Savoury Oatmeal :
Ingredients : (Serves 2)
10 white button mushrooms (chopped)
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
juice of 1 lemon
2 and 1/2 cups water
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1/2 tsp oil
1. Take a wok or a kadai and add oil in it. Start the gas and let the oil heat up.
2. Now add in the chopped mushrooms and saute for a few seconds.
3. Add in garlic powder, paprika powder, black pepper, sugar and salt and mix properly. Let the mushrooms cook for a few minutes.
4. Remove half the cooked mushrooms out of the vessel and keep aside
5. Add in the rolled oats and mix properly.
6. Add in 2 and 1/2 cups water and mix properly.
7. Let it cook for abot 4 minutes. Add in more water if required.
8. Add in the lime juice and mix properly. Switch off the gas.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander and the remaining mushrooms.