Remember we made these beautiful Vegan Indian Rajma Kebabs? Here is a recipe in which we are going to take those already delicious kebabs and turn them into a delicious creamy tomato curry. Like a “Veg Makhani” kind of curry only we are not going to use any butter in it. Awesome isn’t it! We are going to use vegan cashew cream instead to make it creamy.
Cook up lots of those yummy bean kebabs and serve some as starters and turn some of them into this delicious creamy curry dish. If you are short of time you could also use store bought falafels and use them in this curry recipe. When the kebabs cook and simmer slowly in this creamy curry they turn even more succulent and absorb the flavor of the curry, so they end up tasting more juicy and absorb the flavors of the curry. You could enjoy them with any kind of roti, naan, bread or any rice dish. This curry is extremely versatile. You co9uld make the basic creamy curry and add tofu or any chopped veggies in it. Extremely easy to make.
Here goes the recipe and hope you enjoy checking out the resources section below it..
As always sending loads of love, light and happiness your way!
Vegan Indian Kebab Makhani Curry :
1 onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 inch ginger , finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp kasuri methi (optional)
2 tsp cashew cream ( soak 7 to 8 cashews for an hour and blend them into a smooth paste with some warm water)
chopped fresh coriander for garnish
1/2 tsp oil
1. Take a kadai or a wok and add 1/2 tsp oil in it.
2. Add the sliced onions in it and saute for a minute.
3. Then add the sliced tomatoes, garlic and ginger in it. Saute for about 2 to 3 minutes
4. Add 1/2 cup water in it and allow this to cook for about 5 minutes. Switch off the gas after 5 mins. And cool this mixture.
5. Put this tomato and onion mixture into a blender and blend it into a smooth silky puree.
6. Now add this silky curry paste back into the wok and turn on the gas.
7. Add in the salt, sugar, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and mix properly.
8. Now add in the Vegan Indian Rajma Kebabs in this curry.
9. Add about 1/4th cup water and close the wok and allow this to simmer for about 8 minutes.
10. Now add in the cashew cream and mix well.
11. Now add in the crushed kasuri methi leaves and mix well.
12. Switch off the gas and garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
Who says adults can’t play “Kitchen Set”? Check these beautiful resources below for your cooking journey:
In This Recipe : In this particular recipe I have found Magic Bullet Blender to be really helpful to make a really smooth silky curry paste. I absolutely love the design of it.
Few Other Tools for your Vegan Cooking Journey :
Vitamix Blender : Extremely helpful if you are making nut milks and nut cheeses.
Dutch Oven Crock pot : Another of my favorite to make curries and one-pot meals
Indian Serving Kadai : Love these for serving Indian curry meals.