This is my favorite version of Indian Kadhi.Extremely simple to make and extremely delicious in taste. Goes very well with steamed rice, pulao, biryani or as a dip for any kind of naan, roti or bread. This is my version of the popular curd Kadhi. You can make a similar recipe with vegan curd too. But this Vegan Coconut Besan Kadhi is my personal favourite.
Check out the beautiful colour! This lovely yellow golden color is because of the turmeric powder in it! You can also make some onion fritters and add in this kadhi. Tastes super delicious. When you add besan in the coconut milk and when it all cooks properly, then the taste of the coconut milk changes and becomes into this beautiful yummy silky creamy kadhi. The split green chillies, smashed garlic, curry leaves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and chopped fresh coriander leaves in this recipe are very important as or else it will turn out bland. Otherwise it is extremely simple to make.
Here goes the recipe of Vegan Coconut Kadhi. You could enjoy it with Vegan Chana Biryani, Ivy Gourd Rice or any rice preparation.
As always sending loads of love, light and happiness your way…
Vegan Coconut Besan Kadhi :
Serves : 2 people
250 ml thick coconut milk (fresh or from a can)
2 tsp besan / chick pea flour
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup water
1 tsp unrefined sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin/jeera seeds
3 -4 curry leaves
2 slit fresh green chillies
1 clove smashed garlic
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder (optional)
1 -2 tsp freshly chopped coriander
1. Take a large mixing bowl and pour coconut milk in it.
2. Add in chickpea flour, salt, sugar , turmeric powder and water and stir everything properly till it is smooth.
3. Take a kadai or wok and heat it.
4. Add 1 tsp oil in it. When oil is heated add asafoetida powder, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and smashed garlic and saute till the seeds flutter.
5. Add in the yellow coconut milk mixture to this kadai. Make the heat low.
6. On this low heat heat continuously stir this mixture gently and cook for about 5 minutes till the besan in this kadhi is cooked. If it becomes too thick add a bit of water.
7. Switch off the heat and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
8. Serve with hot steamed rice, pulao or biryani or any kind of bread.