This is my most favorite vegan chocolate cake. It is warm, gooey ..covered with lovely chocolate ganache and strawberries. I could bake this over and over again as many times 🙂 but I love baking it especially in the month of January 🙂 cause there are so many fresh strawberries still available in the market. 🙂
The base of this vegan chocolate cake turned out to be beautiful soft and spongey and I allowed it to rest for a bit before pouring the gooey ganache on it. I have added strawberries on it but you can add any of your favourite fruit on it. Oranges on a chocolate cake is also a great idea. Do try it out. And hope you enjoy thie vegan chocolate cake.
And as always sending loads of love, happiness and light your way!!
Enjoy the recipe and Enjoy checking out the kitchen resources section below it…
Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache and Strawberries :
Ingredients : (For one 8.5 inch round springform cake pan, lined with parchment paper)
For the cake :
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp flax seed powder (slightly dry roast flaxseeds and then blend them into a fine powder)
3 tsp water
3/4 th cup jaggery powder
2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
1 cup soy milk
2 tsp oil
For gooey chocolate ganache :
100 gms dark chocolate bar, chopped
3 tsp soy milk
For toppings :
1/4 th cup dark chocolate chips
a few fresh strawberries
1. Take a small bowl and mix in flaxseed powder and water. Keep this aside for 10 minutes till it becomes gelatine like.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix together whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and mix properly.
3. Now add in jaggery, flaxseed mixture, oil, maple syrup and soy milk. Mix this properly.
4. Now pour this in a springfoam pan or a round cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes at 180 degrees C.
5. Meanwhile make the chocolate ganache. Chop the chocolate bar and add milk and put in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove and mix the ganache properly with a spoon.
6. Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven and keep for cooling for atleast 30 minutes on a wire rack. I personally like to rest my cake for atleast a couple of hours.
7. Now spread the gooey chocolate ganache all over smoothly with a spatula. You can be as neat or as rustic as you want. Both have their own charm.
8. Top with sliced strawberries and dark chocolate chips.
Store it in the refrigerator and make the slice slightly warm in the microwave so that it becomes warm and gooey again… 🙂
Helpful Resources in your Cooking Journey : By now you must know my love for pots and pans and other helpful kitchen gadgets. They are like fun tools and toys which make the time in Kitchen efficient and exciting. Hence sharing this joy with you too… Am sure you’ll find it fun and exciting as well. Do check them out.. I do keep changing them as per the relevance to the post so don’t miss them. Sharing all the links with you..Love the pictures….
For This Vegan Chocolate Recipe :
8.5 inch round springfoam baking pan. Though in this recipe I have used only one springfoam pan, I find it useful to have a set of 3 of these same sized pans around as they are extremely helpful while baking a layered cake.
Cooling Wire Rack : I never realized the importance of wire racks till I really started baking myself. A cooling rack cools down the cake equally from all sides and makes it extremely easy for frosting as the extra ganache can fall on the kitchen board through the wire rack and not make your cake soggy.
A Classic Stand Mixer : Always great to have a classic stand mixer in the kitchen … great for mixing the cake batter and frostings. Also super helpful while whipping up that magical liquid called “aquafaba”.
Few Other Tools for your Cooking Journey : If you are throwing a party while baking this cake for whichever occasion..check out these disposable eco friendly plates and disposable eco friendly cutlery. No headache of doing the dishes later. 🙂 Besides that, I also find them really cool. 🙂
Loads of pictures with links below to get and the idea..