Love Vegan Burgers! They feel so far from junk food. So here is Vegan Pulled Mushroom Teriyaki Burger with loads of caramalised onions. Very delicious and very simple to make. I am a huge fan of all kinds of mushrooms so was really excited when I found some beautiful Portobello Mushrooms in the market the other day. Have been missing jackfruit these days in the market so thought I could use these mushrooms in a similar pulled jackfruit recipe. And the result is delicious.
Just gently hand pull out the mushrooms into shreds and cooked them with loads of caramelized onions and teriyaki sauce. You could also cook them in barbeque sauce if you wish to. If you can’t find Portobello mushrooms then you can use white button mushrooms as well. They shred into tinier pieces but the taste is just as awesome. Once you get this filling going, you can also stuff it in roti wraps, sandwiches, tacos, tortillas or just enjoy it with some soft steamed rice too.
Don’t have to always see burger with fries. 🙂 Here’s my awesome Vegan Pulled Mushroom Burger with loads of veggies and fruits. Hope you enjoy it! Really simple to make and you’ll be hooked for life.
As always sending loads of love, light and happiness your way…
Here goes the recipe.. Enjoy..
Vegan Pulled Mushroom Teriyaki Burger :
Makes 2 large burgers
250 gms Portobello Mushrooms
2 large onions, peeled and sliced
3 crushed garlic cloves
4 tsp teriyaki sauce
1 tsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika or red chilly powder
1/2 tsp oil
2 burger buns ( store bought or homemade)
- Wash the Portobello Mushrooms properly with water and dry them. Gently pull out the flesh of the mushrooms with your fingers into thin shreds. Shred all the mushrooms and keep aside.
- Now take a medium sized pan and add oil in it. When the oil heats up add the crushed garlic cloves in it and all the sliced onions.
- Saute for about 4 minutes till the onions become nicely caramelized.
- Add in the shredded mushrooms and mix properly.
- Add in the teriyaki sauce, tomato ketchup, salt and paprika and mix properly
- Make a slurry of the cornflour by adding 3 tsp water in it . Add this slurry to the mushrooms and let this cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and assemble the burger by adding this mushroom filling.