I love to create vegan recipes that are really easy to make and are truly delicious. Food that nourishes your heart and soul and gives you satisfaction of having a good, healthy and hearty meal is my kind of food. Fills you up with such positive energy. This is one such recipe – Vegan Tofu in Sticky Hot Garlic Sauce. Extremely simple to make and wonderful to eat and share with your loved ones.
I have used firm Tofu in this recipe but you could also use broccoli, mushrooms, baby-corns or an assorted mix of tofu and veggies in this recipe. You could serve it with some Vegan “Egg” Fried Rice that we made earlier, or with some soft steamed rice or some noodles as well.
Here is the recipe. Don’t be scared by the amount of garlic in it. We are balancing it out with some tomato ketchup, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar so the end result will be a nice rounded flavor. Hope you enjoy it!
As always sending loads of love, light and happiness your way!
Have fun with it while cooking! Enjoy!
Here goes the recipe …
Vegan Tofu in Sticky Hot Garlic Sauce :
Makes for 2
250 gms firm tofu, chopped in cubes
1 tsp sesame oil or any other oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 scallions/ spring onions , finely chopped , keep the green part and white part separately
3 tsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp red chilly powder / paprika
2 tsp cornflour / corn starch mixed with 4 tsp water
- Take a wok and add oil in it. Start the gas and heat the oil.
- Once the oil heats up, add finely chopped garlic in it and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Now add in the white part of the scallions/ spring onions and saute for a couple of seconds
- Now add in the tomato ketchup, garlic paste, light soy sauce , rice wine vinegar and red chilly powder in the wok.
- Add in 1/4 th cup of plain water in this wok.
- Add in the cornflour slurry i.e. cornflour mixed with 4 tsp water to this sauce and mix properly.
- Add in all the cubed tofu and mix properly. Let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the green part of the scallions on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy with Vegan Fried Rice or Simply Soft Steamed Rice.