Here is the Vegan version of the ever popular egg fried rice. This Vegan “Egg” Fried Rice is with scrambled Tofu and Portobello mushrooms. The scrambled tofu along with rock salt (kala namak) gives the eggy flavor and the Portobello mushrooms add in the Umami touch . Do try this wonderful recipe out. It’s really simple and easy to whip up. Besides the scrambled tofu and mushrooms, I have also added in carrots and scallions in it… you may also add in green peas, green beans, baby corn or any other vegetables that you may like. You could serve it with some yummy veggies or enjoy as is.
Here goes the recipe of this wonderful Vegan “Egg” Fried Rice…
Hope you enjoy it
As always sending loads of love, light and happiness your way..
Vegan “Egg” Fried Rice with Scrambled Tofu and Mushrooms :
2 cups cooked rice (preferably a day old rice)
1oo gms firm tofu (crumbled with your fingertips)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp kala namak – rock salt
1 medium carrot, chopped in small cubes
3 scallions/ spring onions, finely chopped (separate the green and the white part)
4 Portobello or white button mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 red bird eye chilly finely chopped (optional)
2 tsp sesame oil
- Take a large wok and add 1 tsp oil in it. When the oil heats up add in the crumbled tofu.
- Add in turmeric powder and kala namak. Cook the scrambled tofu for a couple of minutes. Remove it out from the wok and keep aside.
- Now add in the rest of the oil (1 tsp ) and add in the garlic, the white part of the spring onions, sliced mushrooms and carrots and saute on high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the rice and mix in properly.
- Add in the light soy sauce, sugar and rice wine vinegar and mix properly.
- Add in the cooked scrambled tofu, red bird eye chilly and the green spring onions and saute for a minute.
- Switch off the heat and serve.